Collin though, is now old enough to go and work, to go and serve, and to go and have his life changed. He has never been out of the country and Sam and I are so excited to see how this changes him. He is a mature little guy, very thoughtful, very grounded, and getting vocal about wanting to share the news of Jesus with others.
I can not wait to read the daily blog and to computer chat every night and for them to get home so I can hear even more details!
The group left early Saturday morning, with plans to reach Belize by that afternoon. But bumped seats, canceled flights, bad weather, broken down rental cars and more delays, only allowed 4 of the team to make it on the original schedule. Sam, Collin and the rest of the team that was left made it 25 hours later.
I took a few pictures when I dropped them off at the church at 6:30 Saturday morning.
Sam was being a bit goofy in this one. Collin was excited, yet nervous. He is really gripping that packet of pop tarts!
As soon as I get more details and pictures I will load up the pics and stories.
Please be in prayer for the entire team, for their health and safety, for their ministry to others and for the Lord to work in their own hearts and change them.
The other 3 and I are traveling to Alabama tomorrow to see the family. That will make the time go by faster while Daddy and Collin are gone. We should all be back home together on Sunday.
You can follow their adventure through our church website at
http://www.fpcyazoo.org/belize-blog
No comments:
Post a Comment