Friday, August 14

Knutty Knitting

Sam met the ladies that own and run Grace Hardware Store downtown a few weeks ago and found out that they give knitting lessons. He asked Kaitlynn if she would be interested and she was! She wanted to learn to make baby blankets. So we signed her up for a month's worth of lessons, and she and her fingers got really busy!
I was first inside this store at Christmas time. The colors and lines just fascinated me! I have wanted to get my camera back in here to see what I could capture. Her lessons gave me the perfect excuse!


I enlarged this one to the size of my computer screen and I LOVE it! The colors were amazing. I think it would make a great giant framed poster in a craft room then have the room painted to match some of the colors!


Here is the first few minutes of her first lesson. She now has a vocabulary that means nothing to me: pearl stitch, etc. She has this coded sheet where they made up their own pattern for the baby blanket she started last week.
I am glad she is learning! She can use this skill for decades to come!

No comments: