Monday, November 17

Installation Weekend

Wow, what a wonderful, amazing, busy and memorable weekend we have had! The Bowman's arrived Saturday afternoon, to the delight of of all! Collin could hardly contain himself waiting he was so excited.

What do you do in an empty den? Why, play football of course!

IMG_5715

The Buddies. Friends since Collin was 10 months old.

IMG_5716

I was able to squeeze in a few minutes to do some Bowman family pictures as well.  :)

IMG_5727

I can not put into words how excited I am to have these type of settings to do pictures in on my own property!

IMG_5739

IMG_5745

They are both in the 6th grade right now, but are already talking about rooming together for college at Auburn. :)

IMG_5764

Christopher wanted to be in one too.

IMG_5763

IMG_5767

Sunday evening the installation ceremony started at 6pm.  At 3:30, Sam's parents  arrived from their drive from Alabama. At 5:00, 8 friends arrived at the house from Louisville to check it out, then we all went over to the church. More Louisville friends were there, and several families that Sam worked with in Madison 7 years ago were there as well, which was a special surprise.

It is now official, as you can see by the sign.

IMG_5769

Most of the installation committee. `It was a very special evening. The sermon and the charges were wonderful and well spoken.

IMG_5773

The big buddies! Brannon and Sam.

IMG_5774

Baby Trip visiting for the second time since we have been here from Louisville.

IMG_5780

Kellynn and Kaebrie - totally inseparable.

IMG_5783

Mrs. Montine playing Vanna.  :) More about the coolers at the end of the post.

IMG_5781

Three incredible friends!!  ( I love you all SO much!!! )

Ms. Dale, Sarah, and Dawn

PB160667

The arrangements one of the ladies did in honor of tonight.

IMG_5790

Kaebrie took a break from eating for a quick snuggle with her JuJu.

PB160671

The food was AMAZING!

PB160654

When we got back, we put the little ones to bed, and sat down to visit around the fireplace. We pulled in the dining room table chairs and some outdoor furniture to have places to sit.   :)

IMG_5799

Sam's parents, Jerry and Kay (AKA  Poppa and JuJu).

IMG_5805

IMG_5806

The whole gang!

IMG_5812

2 days ago a delivery truck arrived. I told them they must have had the wrong address because I had not ordered anything. They insisted they were correct and delivered a full size freezer, a welcome gift from the church.

Wow. We were very surprised and very thankful. I was already planning to finally join Sam's Club so I could do bulk shopping and fill it!

IMG_5814

The picture above with coolers? Well, the ladies of the church filled the freezer for us last night. I don't think I will need to cook until 2009!

IMG_5816

What an incredible gift!!!!!

All the company is now gone and we are going to attempt to start school back up this week. Attempt being the key word in that sentence. When the packers packed up my classroom, they labeled the boxes OFFICE. When they packed up Sam's office on base, they labeled  the boxes OFFICE. When they unloaded all the stuff, they took everything labeled OFFICE to the church. Last night Sam brought back about 20 boxes of my classroom stuff, so that needs to be unpacked and organized. I was not happy to see more boxes being brought in!  But I guess they can't do their work without all the necessary stuff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you all are very blessed with a wonderful church!

Melissa said...

Sounds like you have had quite the eventful last few weeks...both good and not so good things. That is so cool about the freezer! I want one of those too.

Um, how come YOU are never in any of the pictures you post???

Jodi @ SNAPPED said...

ummm....cause I TAKE all the pictures I post! :)