Sunday, September 21

Finding laughter..............

Last week was a bit stressful. There was just so much to do! Wednesday, the paperwork arrived for the home loan that had been overnighted. I had Bible Study in the morning, and right after lunch the Fed Ex truck arrived and from that moment on, I hardly had a minute to do anything bit fill out forms and breathe. Thirty nine pages of signatures and questions. Good grief!

I seriously think that I had a MINIMUM of 8 phone calls every day last week with the realtor as well.

School? Forget it. No time.
House work? What? No time.
Go to the commissary to get food to feed my family? Just find anything edible and help yourself.

Sam was out of town for 10 hours, so a lot of time was spent on the phone with him asking questions about questions I had to fill out.

The kids were really hungry for dinner, but I really didn't have time to go shopping (the paper work had to be finished that night because they had to be overnighted back the next morning).
Make a sandwich? no bread
Eat cereal? no milk
Even Mr. Chef Boyardee let me down. He was missing as well.
Almost to the point of feeding them peanut butter on a spoon, the phone rang.
It was my sweet neighbor.
Apparently, she had a huge lasagna in the oven, but set something wrong and it had more time to cook. She was supposed to take it to a potluck, but couldn't, because it was still raw in the middle. They had to leave for town in 10 minutes. Would I PLEASE take it off her hands. She can't eat it and her son hates the stuff so we would really be doing her a favor.

I laughed and told her yes and said she had saved the day without even knowing it!
The kids crowded around it with a fork after it finally cooked in my oven, and dinner was served!

The next morning, Sam didn't have to go into work until 11:00 because he didn't get home until almost midnight the night before. We were talking about all the forms I had had him sign late last night when he got home.

Kaebrie came in and asked where we going today. She asks everyday, likes to know the plan for the day and the schedule, and who will be where and when. She is a LOT like her oldest brother in that matter.

Ok. I will be honest, they are both a lot like their MOTHER in that matter! :)

She asked the question, and I started running through all the stuff I had to do in my mind. I didn't know if I could overnight the paperwork from the base, or if I would have to make a trip into town. So I answered her, "It all depends."

So replies, "Can I please go to it all depends with you?"

Sam and I look at each other, and burst out laughing.

I think I would like to start and end everyday with laughter!

2 comments:

mikeandmelissafisher said...

So cute! The lasagna story is great...God was planning to help you out long before you knew it! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jodi! This is Suzy in Mississippi. Heard you guys were moving back here and I couldn't be more excited to see you again! Hopefully Parker will finally decide to make a trip to MS (if not to see his sister, surely he would for Sam).
My best friend's daughter is diabetic, so I wanted to go ahead and warn you: Beginning in November, there will be only two pediatric endocrinologists in the state - one at the University and the other at Central MS - both of course in Jackson. I don't know how soon Collin will need a regular check-up, but I figured that was info you'd need. If you need any contact info, just let me know (I work at the University and will be more than happy to help in anyway). You can reach me at smooney@clinassoc.umsmed.edu or suzymooney44@yahoo.com