Tuesday, May 20

Newspaper Article

Here is the link to follow:

http://www.mountainhome.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123099454

This is an article about Collin and is now on the Mountain Home AFB website and will be picked up by the Mountain Home paper next week.

The Sgt. in charge also e-mailed me and said that he also sent it to ACC Public Affairs to run on their site, which in turn may have it run in the Air Force News, which is National.

I will let you know and post any more links if or when I get them.

I wish they had used some of the pictures, but oh well. Hopefully this will bless somebody and encourage some families somewhere who are just starting out on their diabetes journey.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jodi, the article was amazing. You are a fabulous writer and an amazing Mom. Collin, your Mom said it all. You are an inspiration. Gotta go wipe the tears out of my eyes so I can go to work now!! We love you all!
Heather

Anonymous said...

Jo - you should be a writer! Awesome article and a great summary of C's journey. We are proud of both of you!

The Bowmans

Anonymous said...

Dear Jodi and Collin—



Thanks for sharing the article with Congressman Simpson and me. Your son is truly an inspiration to all of us, and Congressman Simpson is proud to represent Idahoans like him in Congress.



All the best,

Megan



Megan Milam
Appropriations Associate
Congressman Mike Simpson

Anonymous said...

Great article honey!

WOW! You packed it full of tremendous word pictures that grabbed and tugged at my heart.

Thanks!

I love you! And my Family!
See you next week.
Sam

Anonymous said...

crying, crying.
beautiful.
so well written.
kleenex please.
~Carolyn

roy/elisabeth dean said...

I have CHILLS! I remember so well your Mom and Dad calling us to tell us about Collin. I knew what a tough battle you all had ahead of you. You have all impressed me with how well you have handled the challenges, especially you Collin!
We are all so proud of your "call to Congress", I know that your story will inspire so many children. Remarkable!
Much love from the Sunny South!
Aunt Elisabeth and Uncle Roy

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!! I'm in tears!! You write so wonderful and moving - no wonder he is a hero - how can he NOT be w/a mom like you? So encouraging and so strong YOURSELF - to be able to learn everything and teach him patience with it - so he is strong enough to do it on his own. YOU & SAM are wonderful parents!!!!!! Our little hero is so lucky to have you & Sam as role models.....and 3 great brothers/sisters to teach them life's hard lessons also.... Luv ya! Can't wait to see all of you soon....Jax